Perhaps the Champagne cocktail was somewhat over-hyped, but this classic cocktail remains as popular as ever. Starts bone dry and becomes slightly sweeter as you reach the dissolving cube at the bottom, depending on how briskly you drink of course.
- 90 ml/ 3 oz. Champagne
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. Cognac
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- Add 2 dashes of Angostura bitter onto sugar cube and drop it into champagne flute.
- Add cognac followed by gently pouring chilled champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
This simple classic cocktail is the best way to improve a flute of bubbly.
- Champagne | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Cognac Remy Martin VSOP | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*