The Chrysanthemum cocktail is made with Absinthe, Bénédictine and dry vermouth. The pre-prohibition cocktail is sometimes credited to 1930 edition of The Savoy Cocktail Book, although an earlier recipe appears in the influential early 20th century cocktail book Recipes for Mixed Drinks (1916) by Hugo R. Ensslin.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Noilly Prat dry vermouth
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. Bénédictine
- 2-3 dashes Absinthe
- Fill a mixing glass ⅔ full off ice.
- Add the ingredients and stir until chilled.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
- Absinthe | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Bénédictine | USA | UK | Germany
- Noilly Prat | USA |UK | Germany
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*