The Affinity cocktail was was fashionable in the 1920s. Thhe Affinity cocktail first appears in “The New York Sun“ on Monday 28th October 1907.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. dry Vermouth
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. red (sweet) Vermouth
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Scotch Whisky
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes.
- Stil well until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.
I’ve noticed that many of the early 1900s cocktails are comprised of liquor mixed with with varying ratios of Vermouths, each one of them with a different flavour profile. Here’s a 2:1:1 ratio drink that follows that classic formula. It’s beautifully classy and it tastes awesome, too.
- Martini Rosso | USA | UK* | Germany
- Martini Dry | USA | UK* | Germany
- Whiskey | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*