Because of strong interest from top U.S. bartenders, Midori® Melon Liqueur was consumer-tested and launched in the year 1978 in NYC. The same year that it was released, Midori Melon Liqueur is the main ingredient highlighted in “The Universe,” a cocktail that wins first prize in the United States Bartenders’ Guild annual competition. The Universe cocktail is made from Midori melon liqueur, vodka, pistachio liqueur, pineapple juice and lime juice, and served in a chilled champagne glass.
- 15 ml / ½ oz. Midori melon liqueur
- 15 ml / ½ oz. vodka
- 15 ml / ½ oz. Lime Juice
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. pistachio liqueur
- 30 ml / 1 oz. pineapple juice
- Shake all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain into a chilled champagne glass.
- Midori | USA * | UK * | Germany*
- Stolichnaya vodka| USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*