The Lemon Drop Martini Cocktail is a vodka-based cocktail with a lemony, sweet and sour taste. The drink was invented in the 1970s by Norman Jay Hobday, the founder and bartender of Henry Africa`s Bar in San Francisco, which opened there in 1969. The name of the cocktail probably goes back to the Lemon Drops known in English-speaking countries.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. vodka citron
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. Triple Sec. liqueur
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. simple syrup
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with sugar rim around the glass.
- Absolut Citron vodka | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Triple Sec. liqueur | USA | UK*| Germany*
- Sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*