The Wimbledon Martini cocktail was created in London sometime during the 1990s when every cocktail served in a V-shaped glass was called a Martini. It takes some time getting through the fine strainer, but when you do it’s simply strawberries and cream with the faintest hint of alcohol. Wimbledon is all about strawberries and cream.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. light Rum
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Strawberry liqueur
- 7,5 ml/ ¼ oz. sugar syrup
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. cream
- 3 fresh small ripe strawberries
- Muddle the strawberries in base of shaker.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Fine strain into chilled glass.
- Garnish with a strawberry and a mint sprig.
The Championships, Wimbledon, commonly known simply as Wimbledon or The Championships, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world and is the most prestigious. It has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London since 1877 and is played on outdoor grass courts.
- Bacardi white rum | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Strawberry liqueur | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*