The Canchánchara cocktail, the forefather of Daiquiri and originally a drink for slaves on the sugar cane plantations. In my recipe with the Havana Club Añejo Especial for more taste, mixed with honey and lime, served in a traditional clay pot.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Havana Club Añejo Especial rum
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. freschly squeezed lime juice
- 2 bar spoons of honey
- Put all the ingredients in a clay pot without ice.
- Stir until the honey has dissolved.
- Top up with ice cubes and stir cold.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
The Canchánchara is considered to be the first cocktail developed in Cuba. There are no reliable sources for the origin of the drink. According to the prevailing opinion, it goes back to workers in the sugar cane plantations of Cuba in the 19th century who had access to the ingredients still used today.
- Absolut Vanilla vodka | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Sprite | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany