I was in Munich (Germany) at the weekend and everyone is drinking Hugo. The Hugo Cocktail is a refreshing, comparatively weakly alcoholic cocktail of Prosecco, elderflower syrup, lime wheels, fresh mint and soda water. The Hugo Cocktail spread, starting from South Tyrol, after 2005 especially in the German-speaking area.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. elderflower syrup
- 120 ml/ 4 oz. Prosecco
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. soda water
- ice cubes
- Gently muddle the mint leaves within the glass.
- Add the elderflower syrup before filling the glass with ice.
- Top with Prosecco and the soda water.
- Garnish with two lime wheels and mint sprig.
- Prosecco | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Elderflower syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Soda water | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*