The Dubonnet Cocktail is the favorite drink of British Queen Elizabeth II, who mixes it with Gordon’s Gin and has it served with half a lemon wedge and two ice cubes. The ratio between Gin and Dubonnet is 1:2.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Dubonnet Red
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. Gin
- Fill a mixing glass ⅔ full off ice.
- Add the ingredients and stir until chilled.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass filled with two ice cubes.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
The Dubonnet is an aperitif first sold by Joseph Dubonnet in 1846 and is very similar to the Vermouth.