The Opera cocktail is a mixture of gin, Dubonnet and maraschino liqueur. The Dobonnet smooths the gin while the maraschino makes it sweater. The Opera cocktail is one of those old classic cocktails that doesn’t get much attention these days.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Gin
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Dubonnet Red
- 7,5 ml/ ¼ oz. maraschino liqueur
- Stir all ingredients in an ice filled mixing glass.
- Fine strain into chilled glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
The Dubonnet is an aperitif first sold by Joseph Dubonnet in 1846 and is very similar to the Vermouth.
- Tanqueray Gin | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Dobonnet Red | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Maraschino liqueur | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*