The Book of Kells cocktail is similar to a Vieux Carré with more Whiskey than Cognac and it used Irish Whiskey rather than Rye or Bourbon. The cocktail was created in 2015 by John Marshall at Melaza Bistro, Woodstock, Vermont, USA.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Irish Whiskey
- 20 ml/ ¾ oz. Rémy Martin Cognac
- 20 ml/ ¾ oz. Martini Rosso sweet vermouth
- 5 ml/ ⅙ oz. Bénédictine
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes.
- Stil well until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Cognac glass.
- Garnish with a lime zest twist.
- Cognac Remy Martin | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Martini Rosso | USA | UK* | Germany
- Whiskey | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Bénédictine | USA | UK | Germany
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Peychaud`s bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*