The Damn the Weather cocktail is a prohibition-era cocktail made with Gin, sweet vermouth, orange juice and a sweetener (either Triple Sec. or Curaçau). It is served shaken and chilled, often with a slice of orangeor other citrus fruit. Like many prohibition-era cocktails, the Damn the Weather was conceived as a way to hide the scent and flavor of poor quality homemade spirits, in this case bathtub gin.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Gin (Old Tom)
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. sweet vermouth
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. orange curaçau
- 7,5 ml/ ¼ oz. orange juice
- Add all ingredients into shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
- Gin (Old Tom) | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Sweet red vermouth | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*