Please do not confuse the BiKinnie cocktail with the bikini cocktail. Because the BiKinnie cocktail is completely different and takes its name from the ingredient Kinnie. Kinnie is a Maltese bittersweet carbonated soft drink brewed from bitteroranges and extracts ofwormwood.
- 30 ml / 1 oz. light Rum
- 30 ml / 1 oz. Triple Sec.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. orange curaçao
- 120 ml / 4 oz. Kinnie
- Put some ice cubes in a big long drink glass.
- Add the Rum, the Triple Sec. and the orange curaçao.
- Fill up with Maltese Kinnie lemonade and stir briefly.
- Garnish with two cherries and one lemon slice.
Kinnie was first introduced in 1952 and is is brown in colour and is drunk straight or mixed with alcohol. It holds a reputation for being Malta’s favourite non-alcoholic beverage, sometimes even called the ‘national soft drink’.
- Bacardi white rum | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Triple Sec. liqueur | USA | UK*| Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany