The Pegu Club cocktail or the Pegu is a gin-based cocktail that was the signature drink of Burma’s Pegu Club. The club was located just outside Rangoon, and its members were those Britons who were senior government and military officials and prominent businessmen.
- 45 ml/ 1½ oz. Gin
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. orange curaçau
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 dash bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with crushed ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange zest twist.
The Pegu Cocktail has all but disappeared from memory in present-day Myanmar, however there has been a resurgence in awareness and availability due to tourism.
- Tanqueray Gin | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*