The Hanky Panky cocktail is a classic cocktail from the 1920s and was mixed by bartender Ada Coleman at the Savoy Hotel in London. At that time a woman as a bartender was a rarity and her spicy tart Hanky Panky developed into a cocktail classic.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Gin
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Vermouth Rosso
- 2 dashes of Fernet Branca
- Stir all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish by squeezing an orange peel over the top.
In 1920, the actor Charles Hawtrey wanted a drink in the American bar of the famous Savoy Hotel, which should liven him up after a long working day. The bartender Ada Coleman mixed a drink especially for him, which obviously delighted him. He used the expression: “By Jove. That is the real Hanky Panky “.
- Tanqueray Gin | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Martini Rosso | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*