Nobody knows exactly where the drink comes from. The name suggests that the crazy mix comes from Germany. One does not know. Barely any bartender knows the recipe these days. The great days of the Apotheke (German for “pharmacy”) cocktail are over. However, if you like Fernet Branca, you should try the cocktail once. Legend!
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Fernet Branca
- 20 ml/ ¾ oz. Vermouth rosso
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. Crème de menthe (green)
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes.
- Stil well until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Fernet Branca | USA | UK | Germany
- Martini Rosso | USA | UK* | Germany
- Crème de menthe (green) | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA * | UK* | Germany*