The El Capitán cocktail is a Peruvian cocktail made with a combination of Pisco, sweet Vermouth and Angostura bitters. In order to prepare it, all ingredients should be stirred with ice, then strained into a coupe glass.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Pisco
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. sweet red Vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Fill a mixing glass ⅔ full off ice.
- Add the ingredients and stir until chilled.
- Strain into chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange zest twist.
It is believed that El Capitán dates back to the 1920s, when a combination of Pisco and sweet Vermouth was often ordered by army captains, hence the name.
- Pisco | USA | UK | Germany
- Martini Rosso | USA | UK* | Germany
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*