The Sex on the Beach cocktail is in its original form a fruity, moderately sweet cocktail and belongs to the group of New England highballs. The most famous recipe from the United States is mixed with cranberry nectar and also contains vodka, peach liqueur and orange juice. My recipe also includes pineapple juice and black raspberry liqueur (Chambord).
- 20 ml/ ⅔ oz. Peachtree liqueur
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. orange juice (freshly sqeezed)
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. pineapple juice (freshly pressed)
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. cranberry juice
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. black raspberry liqueur (Chambord)
- Shake the first three ingredients (the beach part) with ice.
- Strain into ice-filled glass.
- Then shake the last three ingredients (the sex part) with ice.
- Strain into glass to sit on top oft he beach base layer.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
- Serve with a stirrer and instukt drinker to mix layers before drinking.
Since the cranberry nectar was previously difficult to obtain outside of the USA, for example in Germany, there are now many preparation options under the popular name Sex on the Beach. These contain other juices, syrups, liqueurs and sometimes even other basic spirits such as tequila. Often the orange juice is completely or partially replaced by pineapple juice.
- Smirnoff vodka | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Chambord liqueur | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*