The Alkohol-free cocktail Pussyfoot was created in 1920 by Robert Vermeire at the Embassy Club, London, England. This non-alcoholic cocktail is named after ‘Pussyfoot’ (William E.) Johnson, who was an fervent supporter of Prohibition.
- 120 ml/ 4 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. Grenadine syrup
- 1 fresh egg yolk
- 7 fresh mint leaves
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Shake and strain back into shaker.
- Now dry shake (without ice) and fine strain into ice-filled glass.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
Many people have asked me about non-alcoholic cocktail recipes. And in my opinion, the Pussyfoot is one of the better tasting non-alcoholic cocktails.