The Metropole cocktail is named after The Hotel Metropole located just off Times Square at 147 West 43rd Street in New York. The hotel was the first hotel in New York City to have running water in every room but had a less good reputation due to the clientele its all-night-licensed street-level Café Metropole attracted.
- 60 ml/ 1 oz. Cognac
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Martini Extra Dry vermouth
- 2 dashes Peychaud`s bitters
- 1 dash Orange bitters
- Fill a mixing glass ⅔ full off ice.
- Combine all ingredients and stir until chilled.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- Cognac Remy Martin VSOP | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Martini Dry | USA | UK* | Germany
- Peychaud`s bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Orange bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*