The Suffering Bastard cocktail was created in the year 1942 by Joe Scialom at the Shepheard’s Hotel, Cairo, Egypt. It’s an unusual combination of Gin and Cognac, lengthened and flavored with ginger beer, as this vintage classic was originally conceived as a hangover cure.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Rémy Martin Cognac
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Dry Gin
- 20 ml/ ¾ oz. Lime Juice Cordial (sweetened lime juice)
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 100 ml/ 3 ⅓ oz. ginger beer
- Pour all ingredients, except the ginger beer, into shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well.
- Strain into tiki mug filled half with ice cubes.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with Pineapple cubes, Maraschino cherry, lime wedge & mint sprig bouquet.
- Cognac Remy Martin | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Bombay Sapphire Gin | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*