James Bond might be forever associated with the Martini (shaken, of course), but true cocktail pros and Bond lovers alike also know about the Vesper. The cocktail, often called The Vesper, is a cocktail of Gin, Vodka, and Lillet. The author Ian Fleming invented the cocktail for his novel character James Bond, who ordered him in the 1953 novel Roman Casino Royale.
- 3 parts Gin
- 1 part Vodka
- ½ part Lillet
- 1 dash Angostura
- Combine all ingredients in shaker.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a thin lemon.
- Tanqueray Gin | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Stolichnaya vodka| USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Lillet | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*