The cocktail Le Coquetiez du Lion was created in 2007 by Gonçalo de Sousa Monteiro. A year after its opening, Le Lion was named the best newly opened cocktail bar in the world in the USA in 2008. It was Le Lion’s first signature drink. Le Coquetiez du Lion is a sophisticated yet approachable take on the Vesper, Le Coquetiez du Lion pays tribute in both its ingredients and name to drink. A later signature drink is the Gin Basil Smash.
- 50 ml/ 1 ⅔ oz. Lillet Blanc
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Gin
- 2 dashes of Peychaud`s Bitters
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes.
- Stir well until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lime peel.
- Tanqueray Gin | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Lillet | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Peychaud`s bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*