The Ford cocktail is a classic drink from the 19th century in which the structure of the martini is expanded to include the ingredient Bénédictine. However, his name does not go back to the auto tycoon of the same name, as one might assume, but to a track and field athlete.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Gin (Old Tom)
- 30 ml / 1 oz. extra dry Vermouth
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. Bénédictine
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Fill a mixing glass ⅔ full off ice.
- Add the ingredients and stir until chilled.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange zest
- Gin (Old Tom) | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Martini Dry | USA | UK* | Germany
- Bénédictine | USA | UK | Germany
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*