Rumour says that the Tequila Honey Bee cocktail was born in New York because a Bartender there, used honey in his tequila cocktail, with a touch of smokiness thanks to a Tequila wash, which went brilliantly with the sweet nectar and tart lemon.
- 60 ml / 2 oz. Tequila Reposado
- 30 ml / 1 oz. honey sirup
- 20 ml / ¾ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Rinse a highball glass with the Tequila, coating the inside of the glass with a thin layer and dumping out whatever doesn’t stick.
- Add the Tequila, honey syrup and lemon juice to a shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Pour into the prepared ice-filled glass and add 2 dashes of the bitters.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.
- Tequila Reposado | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Honey syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*