Tommy’s Margarita is a variant of the Margarita cocktail. The Tommy`s Margarita is made withTequila, lime juice and agave nectar and served in a cocktail glass. It is distinct from the Margarita cocktail in its omission of orange liqueur and its substitution of agave nectar.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Tequila Reposado
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 bar spoons of agave nectar
- Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into cocktail glass.
The cocktail was conceived in San Francisco in 1990 by Julio Bermejo at his parents’ restaurant called Tommy’s. Bermejo had been recently introduced to agave nectar as an ingredient, and, although it was still expensive at the time, he used it to enhance the a agave flavor of the cocktail instead of using orange liqueur to highlight the citrus flavor in the original Margarita recipe.