On my trip to Stockholm in Sweden in July 2019, I got to know many Swedish cocktails. One of them is called Fizzy Pop. The Fizzy Pop cocktail is exactly what it sounds like – a drink that tastes like Sweden’s most popular candy piece. Some call them Bubblizz, others for Fizzypop. Whatever you call them, this is the drink recipe you’ve been looking for!
- 50 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Vodka
- 50 ml/ 1 ½ oz. bubble gum syrup
- 20 ml/ ¾ oz. lemon juice
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Sprite
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. Blue Curaçao liqueur
- Fill a glass with crushed ice.
- Add Vodka, gum syrup and lemon juice.
- Stir slightly.
- Add Sprite and stir gently so that the bubbles do not disappear.
- Add more ice if there is space.
- Gently pour Blue Curaçao in the top of the glass so that the blue color spreads slightly downwards.
- Garnish with candy.
The secret sauce in this drink is undoubtedly the bubble gum from Monin. It tastes almost exactly like the Fizzy pop / Bubblizz candies it is, just much sweeter. The other ingredients are therefore mostly to balance the flavors, get the liquid and alcohol volume and to make the drink visually more appealing. The syrup is alcohol-free and available to order online or to buy in some specialty stores.
- Absolut vodka | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Blue Curaçao liqueur | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Bubble gum syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Sprite | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Hurricane Glass| USA* | UK* | Germany*