The Dirty Martini is a cocktail based on the Martini cocktail. It gets its name “Dirty” because the “dirty” olive brine is added to the cocktail. It is mainly obtained in the USA. With European bartenders it is rather frowned upon to add the olive brine.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Gin
- 20 ml/ ⅔ oz. Vermouth dry
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. olive brine
- Add all ingredients into shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with olives.
The Dirty Martini is the only martini cocktail for which olives are used.
- Tanqueray Gin | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Martini Dry | USA | UK* | Germany
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*