Crafted sometime in the mid-1880s, the Adonis cocktail was born at the Waldorf-Astoria New York hotel, created in honor of a Broadway musical of the same name that was the first show to reach 500 performances. This low-ABV cocktail employs sweet Vermouth in a way similar to the Manhattan, but instead of Whiskey and bitters, the Vermouth is paired with dry Fino Sherry. The stirred drink is then finished with an orange twist for a soft, citrusy aroma.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Fino Sherry
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Martini Rosso sweet Vermouth
- 2 dashes of Orange Bitters
- Add the Fino Sherry and the sweet Vermouth to a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel.