The Penicillin cocktail is made with Whiskey, ginger and fresh lemon juice. The drink was created in 2005 by New York bartender Sam Ross. Its name derives from the drug penicillin hinting to the medicinal properties of some of ist ingredients, with suggested effects similar to that of a hot toddy which is said to relieve the symptoms of cold and flu.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Blended Scotch Whiskey
- 75 ml/ 2 ½ oz. Lagavullin 16y Whiskey
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. honey syrup
- 2 – 3 quarter-sized slices of fresh ginger
- Muddle fresh ginger in a shaker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the Lagavulin Whiskey.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled old fashioned glass with ice.
- Float the Lagavulin whiskey on top.