A rather unusual hot cocktail is probably the Hot Pint from Scotland. In this cocktail, black beer, whiskey and egg yolk are mixed together. You can test when you are cold, but you don’t have to.
- 250 ml/ 8 ½ oz. black beer
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. whiskey
- one egg yolk
- teaspoon of sugar
- First, the black beer is heated vigorously with the nutmeg.
- At the same time, the whiskey is whisked with the egg yolk and sugar.
- The mass is then added to the beer-nutmeg mixture.
- But be careful: the beer must have cooled down a bit beforehand so that the egg mixture does not flocculate.
- Then pour the drink into a heat-resistant beer glass.
The Hot Pint cocktail is particularly suitable for black beer lovers.