The Bordeaux Sour is a twist on a classic Whiskey Sour and gets its colour and flavour from muddled Maraschino cherries and Bordeaux red wine. Add to that Whiskey, lemon juice, maple syrup and orange bitters and then this cocktail is bound to delight.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Maker’s Mark Bourbon Whiskey
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Bordeaux red wine
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 5 dashes orange bitters
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Add 1 cherry and maple syrup into shkaer and muddle in base of shaker.
- Fill the skaker with ice and add the Bourbon, red wine, lemon juice and orange bitters.
- Shake well until well-chilled.
- Double-strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- Bourbon Whisky | USA* | UK*| Germany*
- Maple syrup | USA | UK | Germany
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*