The Greenhorn cocktail is a combination of Midori and Blanco Tequila, which is not often found in combination in cocktails. The cocktail is then rounded off by the bittersweet French aperitif Suze, so that the cocktail ends in a fruity and slightly bitter drink.
- 30 ml / 1 oz. Midori melon liqueur
- 45 ml / 1½ oz. Tequila
- 20 ml / ¾ oz. Suze
- Add the Tequila, Midori and Suze to a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir until well-chilled
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Suze is a gentian liqueur that is particularly popular in France and western Switzerland. Due to its bitter-sweet taste, it is primarily enjoyed on its own as an aperitif, but is also mixed in cocktails. The brand now belongs to the French spirits group Pernod-Ricard.
- Midori | USA * | UK * | Germany*
- Tequila Reposado | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Suze | USA | UK | Germany
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*