The Golden Cadillac is a highlight for all fans of creamy sweet cocktails. Presumably it was invented by bartender Frank Klein in the 1950s in the Poor Reds BBQ bar in El Dorado, California. In a widespread story it is told that Klein mixed the wonderfully creamy cocktail for the first time for a newly engaged couple who had recently bought a golden Cadillac, which then served as the namesake.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Galliano Vanilla liqueur
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Crème de cacau (white)
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. cream
- Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Dust with chocolate powder.
Between 1964 and 1967, the Galliano-branded Golden Cadillac was promoted in an advertising campaign and the Poor Red’s BBQ became the largest consumer of Italian spirits in North America. At times the Golden Cadillac was also one of the official cocktails of the International Bartenders Association, but in 2011 it was removed from the revised list.
- Galliano | USA | UK * | Germany*
- Crème de cacau (white) | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*