The Harvey Wallbanger cocktail is a variant of the simple long drink Screwdriver, which, in addition to its ingredients orange juice and vodka, is also supplemented with a shot of the Italian liqueur Galliano. The Harvey Wallbanger spread in the 1970s and was also initially known as the Italian Screwdriver. Legend has it that the drink got its catchy name from a Californian surfer named Harvey. After he was excluded from a competition, he is said to have banged his head against the wall again and again in Pancho’s bar on Manhattan Beach after enjoying several of these drinks out of frustration.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. (3 parts) Vodka
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. (1 part) Galliano Vanilla liqueur
- 90 ml/ 3 oz. (6 parts) orange juice
- Stir the vodka and orange juice with ice in the glass.
- Then float the Galliano on top.
- Garnish with an orange slice and serve with a straw.
- Smirnoff vodka | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Galliano | USA | UK * | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*