Mastic is a resin extraction from Skinos trees, which only grow on the island of Chios. The bark of the trunks is scored so that the resin can drip off. The mastic resin is said to have stomach-friendly properties. It is very popular in Greece and used to make various products. You can not only drink mastic pure on ice, but also make exciting cocktails with it. Try the Koukoudo Mastiha Tonic Cocktail.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Mastiha Koukoudo
- 25 ml/ ⅚ oz. honey
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. strawberry vinegar
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Tonic Water
- Pour all ingredients, except the tonic water, into shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well.
- Strain into glass filled with ice cubes.
- Top with tonic water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a basil leaf.
The high-quality Koukoudo Mastiha Liqueur from Gatsios has a soft taste. Gatsios Distillery uses only the finest ingredients to create this exclusive liqueur. The mastic aroma is very lasting in the finish. The taste of masticha resin is largely unknown in Central Europe and it cannot be compared to other flavors.