You can’t decide between a refreshing rum drink or a celebratory champagne? This classic Air Mail cocktail recipe is one that fits the bill. Air Mail or Airmail (also Airmail Cocktail) is a classic cocktail of rum, lime or lemon juice, honey and sparkling wine. It probably originated during or shortly after the prohibition period in the United States or in Cuba, even in the 1920s or 1930s.
- 30 ml / 1 oz. Bacardi Carta Oro rum
- 15 ml / ½ oz. honey syrup
- 15 ml / ½ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 30 ml / 1 oz. Champagne
- Shake in a cocktail shaker (except for the Champagne).
- Strain into Champagne flute.
- Top with Champagne.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon.
- Bacardi Carta Oro rum | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Champagne | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Honey syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*
Dear pilots, try the cocktail at home rather than on the plane.