The Chilcano is next to the Pisco Sour the most famous Pisco cocktail. Various theories are circulating that deal with the origin of the name of this extremely popular long drink with pisco. One says that the name comes from the hometown of the inventor of the Chilcanos. He came from the small town of Chilca, 100 kilometers south of Lima. Another theory is that the name refers to a northern Peruvian delicacy. We are talking about an invigorating fish soup that’s also called Chilcano.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Pisco
- 20 ml/ ⅔ oz. lime juice
- 3 dashes Angostura
- Ginger Ale
- Add all ingredients into a longdrink glass with ice.
- Stir and garnish with a lime wedge.
The drink is enjoying steadily increasing popularity in Peru and here and there also finds its way to good bars and restaurants all over the world.
- Pisco | USA | UK | Germany
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Ginger Ale | USA | UK | Germany
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*