The Horse’s Neck cocktail is a classic cocktail that originated at the end of the 19th century and, as a typical highball, belongs to the long drinks. It is made from Cognac (sometimes Bourbon Whiskey) and Ginger Ale. Optionally, you can add 1-2 dashes of Angostura bitters to give the cocktail more depth. The drink owes its name to a thinly sliced, long lemon spiral, the end of which protrudes from the glass and is reminiscent of a horse’s neck.
- 45 ml/ 1½ oz. Cognac
- 120 ml/ 3 oz. Ginger Ale
- Dash of Angostura Bitters (optional)
- Pour Cognac and Ginger Ale directly into highball glass with ice cubes.
- Stir gently.
- If preferred, add dashes of Angostura Bitter.
- Garnish with rind of one lemon spiral.
- Cognac Remy Martin VSOP | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Ginger Ale | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*