The Tschunk cocktail is a German highball consisting of Club-Mate and gold rum. It is usually served with limes and cane or brown sugar. Like Club-Mate, the Tschunk is a typical drink within European hacker culture and can often be found at scene typical events or locations of hacker culture.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. gold rum
- 1 fresh lime (cut into wedges)
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- crushed ice
- Dice limes, put them together with the brown sugar into a high glass and crush both.
- Add crushed ice and pour the rum and the Club Mate over it.
- Serve with a straw.
As one of the very few well-known cocktails, his name is protected by trademark law and has been the subject of legal disputes several times.
- Bacard Carta Negra rum | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Club-Mate | USA | UK | Germany
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*