The Appletini, also known as the Apple Martini, is an apple-flavored cocktail. It became popular in the 1990s when, alongside the Cosmopolitan, numerous fruity short drinks became fashionable, many of which had the word “Martini” in their names. Like their role model, the classic Martini cocktail, they are served in a Y-shaped glassbut have little in common with a real Martini in terms of taste and ingredients.
- 45 ml/ 1½ oz. Absolut Vodka
- 20 ml/ ⅔ oz. Calvados
- 25 ml/ ¾ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 20 ml/ ⅔ oz apple juice
- 20 ml/ ⅔ oz sugar syrup
- Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well.
- Fine strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an apple slice.
The Appletini is the favorite drink of protagonist John “J.D.” Dorian in the TV series Scrubs, who ironically mistakes it for a hard drink and ordered him “with less Martini”. Alan Harper and Walden Schmidt from Two and a Half Men and Ted Mosby from How I Met Your Mother also drink it occasionally. In the King of Queens episode “Happy Hour,” Leah Remini as Carrie Heffernan enjoys some Appletini after work.
- Absolut Vodka | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Calvados | USA | UK | Germany
- Sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*