The Nixon cocktail is a smooth tasting sipper but a bit of an acquired taste. This cocktail was created by the legendary bartender, Joe Gilmore. Joe was originally from Belfast but moved to London and worked his way up to be the Head Barman at the American Bar at the Savoy, based in London. Joe created the Nixon cocktail to celebrate the 1969 visit of President Richard Nixon to Britain. The story goes that Gilmore mixed the cocktail at the American Bar and then sent it to Claridges, where Nixon was staying.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Bourbon Whiskey
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Sloe Gin
- 2 – 3 dashes of Peach Bitters
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice cubes.
- Stir well until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish a slice of fresh peach and a cherry.
- Bourbon Whisky | USA* | UK*| Germany*
- Sloe Gin | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*