The Widow`s Kiss cocktail is a very old cocktail. Rumour says that the first mention of the Widow’s Kiss cocktail is in the 1895 book Modern American Drinks by George Kappeler. Kappeler was the head bartender at Holland House, a fancy New York hotel on the corner of 5th Avenue and 30th Street. It’s assumed that he created the recipe.
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. Calvados
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. Bénédictine
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. Chartreuse Yellow
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Fill a mixing glass ⅔ full off ice.
- Add the ingredients and stir until chilled.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and a cherry.
- Calvados | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Bénédictine | USA | UK | Germany
- Chartreuse Yellow USA | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*