There are many different recipes for the Planter’s Punch cocktail. In the specialist literature, the recipes for Planter’s Punch differ significantly from one another, there is no generally recognized standard recipe. My favorite version is the one from the IBA (International Bartender Association) until 2019, which is quite fruity and which I would like to show you.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. black Rum
- 35 ml/ 1 ⅛ oz. orange juice
- 35 ml/ 1 ⅛ oz. pineapple juice
- 20 ml/ ⅔ oz. lemon juice
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. Greandine syrup
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. sugar syrup
- 3 – 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- Pour ingredients, excluding Angostura into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain fancy glass filled with ice.
- Top with 3 – 4 dashes Angostura.
- Garnish with a piece of pineapple and a cherry.
- Bacard Carta Negra rum | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Grenadine syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Hurricane Glass| USA* | UK* | Germany*