The Old Fashioned is a cocktail made by muddling sugar with bitters, adding whiskey or, less commonly, Cognac, and garnishing with a twist of citrus rind. It is traditionally served in an old fashioned glass (also known as rocks glass), which predated the cocktail.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Rye Whiskey
- 1 sugar cube
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- a few dashes plain water
- Place sugar cube in old fashioned glass and saturate with bitters.
- Add a dash of plain water.
- Muddle until dissolved.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and add whiskey.
- Garnish with orange twist and a cocktail cherry.
Instead of Rye Whiskey you can also use Bourbon Whiskey.
- Rye Whiskey | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*