Between the Sheets is an alcoholic cocktail made from cognac, white rum, triple sec (Cointreau orange liqueur) and lemon juice. The drink is managed by the International Bartenders Association together with other well-known cocktails in the category “The Unforgettables”.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Cognac
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Cointreau orange liqueur
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Bacardi Superior rum
- 7,5 ml/ ¼ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into cocktail glass.
- Flame on orange peel over the glass and discard before serving.
The drink is similar to the Sidecar cocktail, differing only by using less cognac and adding rum. The Maiden’s Prayer is variously known as an alternate name for the Between the Sheets, and as a different drink using gin instead of rum and cognac, and adding orange juice to the lemon juice.
- Cognac Remy Martin VSOP | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Cointreau orange liqueur | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Bacardi white rum | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*