The Gimlet is a classic cocktail. The short drink consists of just two ingredients: Gin and Lime Juice Cordial. The Gimlet was first drunk in the British Royal Navy towards the end of the 19th century, but remained largely irrelevant outside of England. It then became widely known as the favorite cocktail of private investigator Philip Marlowe’s client Terry Lennox.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Gin
- 20 ml/ ⅔ oz Lime Juice cordial (sweetened lime juice)
- 1 dash of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime slice.