The Black Russian is a classic short drink based on coffee liqueur. The delicious, slightly sweet cocktail can be prepared extremely quickly and is particularly popular with coffee lovers. The short drink is usually served after eating. As far as is known, the Black Russian was first prepared in 1950 in the bar of the Brussels hotel Metropole by its long-time bar boss Gustave Tops. If you add a little whipped cream to the cocktail, you get a White Russian.
- 50 ml/ 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 20 ml/ ¾ oz. Kahlùa coffee liqueur
- ice cubes
- Pour the ingredients into an old fashioned glass filled with ice cubes.
- Stir gently.
- Absolut vodka | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Kahlúa coffee liqueur | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*