And again a year comes to an end and a new one begins. My New Year’s Eve cocktail this time is the Set the New Year on Fire Cocktail. A tasty little fireworks display in a cocktail glass with flaming lime shell.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Single Malt Scotch Whiskey
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. Campari
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. Simple Syrup
- 20 ml/ ¾ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 mint leaves
- flaming lime shell
- Add the mint leaves, lime juice and simple syrup into a Collins glass and press gently with a muddler.
- Add Scotch Whiskey and fill with crushed ice.
- Float Campari on top and fill with more crushed ice.
- Garnish with a flaming lime shell.
So you make a flaming lime shell: Squeeze out the juice of half a lime. Place lime shell at top of prepared cocktail and place 1 sugar cube inside. Pour overproof rum over sugar cube and carefully light on fire. Extinguish before drinking.
- Whiskey | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Campari | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*