On my trip to Stockholm in Sweden in July 2019, I got to know many Swedish cocktails. The Hallon-Lakrits cocktail is a festive candy drink that tastes just as the Swedish name promises – raspberries and licorice. So, just like the popular raspberry peel. Worth mentioning is also that this is a drink that one can very easily vary to adapt to their own taste preferences. This stated recipe is only a good basic recipe.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Sourz Raspberry
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. Pernod
- 20 ml/ ¾ oz. Grenadine
- 10 ml/ ⅓ oz. lemon juice
- 80 ml/ 2 ¾ oz. Sodawater
- Fill a glass half with crushed ice.
- Add Sourz Raspberry, Pernod, Grenadine and lemon juice.
- Stir so that everything mixes.
- Add the soda water and fill the rest of the glass with ice.
- Stir slightly and garnish with a lakrits stick.
It’s all about finding a balance in the flavors you like. If you think it’s too low in licorice, you can easily increase the amount of Pernod. If you want the drink a little sweeter, you can try to use Seven Up or Sprite instead of soda. Since they are a little sweeter, you may need to add some extra lemon juice. Do not be afraid to try different variants.
- Raspberry Sourz | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Pernod | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Grenadine | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Soda water | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*