The Champs Élysées cocktail was invented by Harry Craddock, one of the trendiest bartenders in the 20s and 30s. Harry Craddock is also the author of the famous cocktail book “The Savoy Cocktail Book”. Many classic and good cocktails are included in the book, which Harry served in the famous Savoy Hotel in London.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Cognac
- 15 ml/ ½ oz . Chartreuse Yellow
- 7,5 ml/ ¼ oz. sugar cane syrup
- 7,5 ml/ ¼ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Pour all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into chilled glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
The original recipe does not state whether yellow or green Chartreuse is used.
- Cognac Remy Martin VSOP | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Chartreuse Yellow USA | UK* | Germany*
- Sugar cane syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*