If we take a closer look at the genesis of the Gin Gin Mule cocktail, we end up in the American metropolis of New York. In the Pegu Club, the now world-famous cocktail was developed by a bartender named Audrey Saunders 10 years ago. She also gave the drink the name. Many wonder why there is gin twice in the name, and the second gin refers to the Ginger Beer it contains. In addition to the gin, the popular Ginger Beer forms the basic basis of the Gin Gin Mule.
- 45 ml/ 1 ½ oz. Gin
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. simple syrup
- 30 ml/ Ginger Beer
- 6-8 mint leaves
- Put the mint leaves, lime juice and sugar syrup in a shaker and muddle (lightly mash).
- Then add ice and gin and shake well.
- Strain through a strainer into a pewter or silver cup gently.
- Now you can fill up with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a slice of lime.
- Gin (Old Tom) | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Ginger Beer | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Copper Mug | USA* | UK* | Germany*