The popular story of the provenance of the French 75 is that British soldiers stationed in France during the First World War put together the key ingredients at their disposal – London gin from home and the local champagne – to create a punchy drink, which they named after the iconic French M1897 75mm artillery gun.
- 30 m l/ 1 oz. Gin
- 20 ml / ¾ oz. freshly squeezed lemon
- 15 ml / ½ oz. sugar syrup
- 90 ml / 3 oz. Champagne
- Combine all ingredients in shaker, excluding Champagne.
- Strain into champagne flute.
- Top it with champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
- Bombay Sapphire gin | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Champagne | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*