The Vieux Carré (French for “old square”) cocktail is an alcoholic cocktail of cognac, rye whiskey, vermouth, Bénédictine and bitters. The Vieux Carré was first stirred to life at New Orleans’ legendary Carousel Bar at the Hotel Monteleone in the 1930s. The Vieux Carré cocktail is at once sweet, boozy, bitter and smooth—in other words, New Orleans.
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Cognac
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Rye Whiskey
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Martini rosso sweet vermouth
- 7,5 ml/ ¼ oz. Bénédictine
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 dash Peychaud`s bitters
- Fill a mixing glass ⅔ full off ice.
- Add the ingredients and stir until chilled.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lemon zest twist and a cherry.
- Cognac Remy Martin VSOP | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Rye Whiskey | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Bénédictine | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Peychaud`s bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*